Monday 7 May 2018

A letter from Gallipoli

A letter from Gallipoli

27th April 1918     

Dear Mihir,
Here I am in Gallipoli and not very comfortable.  My war will start tomorrow at dawn.  The soldiers have  rifles in their hands that make me scared,  but I remember what you said "It may look scary, but I know you are very brave, come back home".

There are a lot of flies around here and it is very hot. By the way thank you for the delicious  biscuits.  Hopefully a lot of people will not get shot tomorrow.  I have a very big gun that can shoot miles away and I carry lots of extra bullets in my bag in case I run out of bullets while I’m shooting.  At night I hear a lot of creepy noises like people getting their guns ready for war.  Tomorrow I am going to hide behind a trench so I don’t get shot like you said.  Hope to see you soon.

From your loving sister Sanah

No comments:

Post a Comment