Thursday 28 May 2020

Splinters in My Tummy

Splinters in my Tummy     Vocabulary  Punctuations   Sentence starters
I was 8 years old at my best friend's Birthday Party. We were playing limbo and the song Under The Sea was playing, it was a very entertaining song.

I was lining up and it was nearly my turn. After I had a few turns, the bar was REALLY low, so the only logical way was to slide under it. So I gently kneeled down and laid on my tummy. I slid right under the bar but as I was sliding on the pokey wood I could feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I said to my friend I need to go to the bathroom.
It’s right around the corner inside, she replied with a smile.

As I walked in the bathroom I could feel the pain getting worse in every step I took. I peered and took a look at my tummy and saw 1 big splinter about 1.5 cm long, and 1 half the size of the big one. By then the pain had gotten about 20 times worse. 

I called my mum into the bathroom to show her. She said, "I think we should go to the doctors right away"!
But the pain is not that bad”, I lied.
Well if it doesn’t hurt that bad then we can stay until it ends there is only half an hour left I’m pretty sure”.
I think I want to stay”,I said with a fake grin.
Ok, go have a drink of water and some food”,  she said with a real smile.

I tried not to think about it too much but I just couldnt, every time I laughed the pain would increase.

After the party had ended I told my mum that it hurt REALLY REALLY!! Badly. We were given a goody bag and left right away. As I sat in the car my belly started to sting a little. I started crying. My mum said to try and have a little nap on the way to ANE (Accidents and Emergencies). Sure enough I was out in 2 minutes.

When we got there we went up to the front desk and they said that the wait was half an hour - 1 hour. So we had to wait.

Finally, they called out my name, when they explained what they had to do my mouth dropped open in fear. They were going to cut a tiny slit in my tummy and pull the splinter right out! But the little one would eventually come out by itself.

I started to cry, so they brought out the laughing gas. I had to keep on inhaling in the laughing gas as they cut through my stomach, I was still crying. (even with the laughing gas).  

 I think the laughing gas that made me feel sleepy because when I woke up everything was over and I had a plaster on my stomach.

I was really relieved that everything was over!

No comments:

Post a Comment